Boat & Caravan Show – 2010, NEC, Birmingham
One year shy of it’s 50th Anniversary, the UK’s largest outdoor leisure event – the Boat & Caravan Show held at the NEC, Birmingham had over 560 exhibiting companies. Visitors were presented with the opportunity to see what’s new for the 2010 season be it boats, caravans, motorhomes, tents, park and holiday homes as well as top UK and European holiday destinations. There was no talk of recession here! In fact the 49th Boat & Caravan Show was 5% bigger than last year’s event with an extra hall added for tents and camping accessories. Apart from the latest products from the suppliers to the independent holidaymaker, there were special show offers, a celebrity appearance and a number of show premieres. Caravan Cruise Ireland’s Jarlath Sweeney was there to soak up the atmosphere of freedom and adventure.
- Conversion Capital – the largest selection of campervans and conversions every displayed at the show
- Over 250 new caravans and 270 motorhome models including exclusive spring launches from leading manufacturers including Bailey of Bristol, the Swift Group, Eldis, Lunar, Coachman, Adria, Auto-Trail, Autosleepers, CI, Gelst, LMC Timberland and Romahome.
- More than 250 of the latest narrow boats, riverboats, offshore cruisers, power boats, jet bikes, RIBs, sport boats and inflatables, including launches from Cove marine. Goodchild Marine Services, Haines Marine, Oxfordshire Narrowboats and Johnson Outdoors.
- On site camping operated by The Caravan Club was available at the venue for those with a caravan or motorhome wishing to extend their visit and stay on site.
- Launch of the coffee table book ‘My Cool Caravan’, an inspirational guide to retro style caravans.
Leading UK and European Caravan manufacturers including the Swift Group, Bailey of Bristol, Eldiss, Lunar, Adria, Coachman and Air Stream all featured their latest innovative models.
Are a family run business based in Wales, with many years experience in constructing bespoke motorhome solutions for the sport and leisure industry. Using only the best materials and appliances available ensures our vehicles represent the best quality and value in the market place.
The SC Sporthomes vehicle range covers high end Leisure, Motorsport and the Entertainment industry. SC Sporthomes has designed and built bespoke vehicles for discerning individuals looking for something a bit special for: Long and short haul touring, Professional racing teams, Recording artists and Corporate Conference vehicles.
New exterior graphics, improved interior furniture and soft furnishings plus a broader range of layouts are now on offer from Adria Concessionaires.
The eight Bailey Olympus range launched here, now features the revolutionary Alu-Tech body shell construction as per the 2009 Pegasus range.
Brand new Amara 560/4 – offering the best in caravan luxury on a single axle made its debut here while existing models benefited from a makeover.
Due to the success of the Bessacarr Cameo, Coupland Caravans has added a fifth top-end touring caravan, the single axle fixed bed cameo.
Iconic ‘silver-bullet’ trailer maker Airstream drew the biggest amount of visitors. The award winning International range and the new improved Bambi 422.
See Boat & Caravan Show – 2010, NEC, Birmingham – PICTORIAL also on this site