Fun for All The Family at Westport Festival of Music & Food
FREE ENTRY FOR KIDS UNDER 12 & FREE ADVENTURE PARK ACTIVITIES
The Westport Festival of Music & Food, which is taking place in Westport House on 29 & 30 June, is a wonderful family friendly weekend jam packed with enchanting and playful activities to entertain children under 12, teens and adults alike.
Monkey Shine Theatre, one of Ireland’s most exciting children’s theatre companies, will be creating a whole village full of fun and imaginative activities for young festival goers in the picturesque grounds of Westport House.
The Enchanted Oak Village will sprout up around the Old oak tree for a weekend of wonderment with a fully scheduled programme of activity start on Saturday and Sunday including…
· The Craft Tent – Children will be able to make their own wizard wand, plant a fairy garden, weave a dream catcher or create their own gnome hat.
· The Workshop Tent – kids can join a dance class, learn to juggle, play some music or take part in a play. There will be lots to watch too, puppet shows, storytelling and theatre.
· Outdoor & Walkabout Performers – Say hello to the Clown, Tea Lady, giant Birds and play silly sports day games
· Little Chill Tent – Families can rest and relax with occupation for little hands and seats for tired adults. There will also be Baby Changing Tent.
· The Performance Tent – The highlight of the weekend will be a Kid’s Cabaret! Kids will have the chance to, not just watch. but to perform at Westport Festival! Now that’s something to tell your friends.
· Installations & Un-facilitated Activities – Dig in the sand pit, Play in the mini truck mine, dress up at the tea party, enjoy the wall of sound percussion area or check out the Fairy play house, Wishing tree, Mushroom seats and Oak tree installation.
In addition, Westport House has an amazing award winning Pirate Adventure Park which includes a host of FREE activities for older kids, teens (and parents too)…
The Pirate Queen Swinging Ship- Not for the faint hearted, the Pirate Queen will test your head for heights – and your stomach!
Pirate Plunge Log Flume Ride – A Pirate Adventure ark favourite, the Pirates Plunge is a splash-tastic log flume water ride that guarantees to entertain (not to mention splashing the passengers).
Cannonball Run slide – Still known to many as the Slippery Dip, this 30 foot semi-covered slide appeals to all ages!
Swan Pedaloe Boats – Families can pedal around the Westport House Lake on eight foot high Swan Pedaloe boats and enjoy views of the House, the Park, Croagh Patrick and Clew Bay. The swans are pedal propelled so it’s a fun way to get a little work out during your weekend at the Westport Festival.
Westport House Express Train Ride – You can take a short ride through the grounds and watch out for surprises around every corner. Check out the stunning views of the lake, the House, Croagh Patrick and Clew Bay. A particular favourite for little ones.
Pirates Playground – Set adjacent to Gracy’s Bar & Cafe, The Pirates Playground offers a slide, climbing frames and rockers to entertain.
Gracy’s Bouncy Castle
Set in the Pirates Haven, Gracy’s Bouncy Castle provides ideal fun for the younger members of the family. Children will have a ball!
Take a guide Tour of the Pirate Adventure Park here http://www.westporthouse.ie/westport-house-and-pirate-adventure-park/pirate-adventure-park-video/
Westport Festival Day & Weekend Festival Tickets are on sale now from www.westportfestival.com.
· Adult Day Ticket – €75.00
· Adult Weekend Ticket – €130.00
· Teen Day Ticket* – €40.00 (13-17 years old)
· Teen Weekend Ticket* x €65.00 (13-17 year olds).
NB Children under 12 are free, once accompanied by a person 18yrs or older – Limit of 2 children per adult. *Teens must be accompanied by an adult, aged 18 years or older.
Weekend tickets including camping and/or campervans and car parking tickets are available from www.westporthouse.ie.
About Westport Festival of Music & Food
The Westport Festival of Music & Food, which is in its second year, promises a relaxed weekend with great music, comedy and fun for all the family. Westport House’s 400 acre stunning grounds provide first-class festival facilities onsite including an established caravan and camping park with excellent amenities including showers, a café and a bar as well as the finest local food and refreshments.
Saturday, 29th June
Christy Moore with Declan Sinnott, Orquesta Buena Vista Social Club featuring Eliades Ochoa & Omara Portuondo, ABC, Blind Boys of Alabama, The Grand Parade, The Stunning, Alabama 3, Hayseed Dixie, Gavin James, Julie Feeney, New Sunset Hotel, Le Galaxie, Daithi, Tieranniesaur, Funeral Suits, Sleep Thieves, Elaine Mai, In their Thousands, The Depravations, Stephen James Band. Bernard O’Shea, Karl Spain, Barry Murphy, Danny Dowling and Joe Rooney.
Sunday, 30th June
Elvis Costello & The Imposters, Imelda May, Squeeze, Martha Wainright, LAPD (Donal Lunny, Andy Irvine, Liam O’Flynn & Paddy Glackin), Sharon Corr, I Draw Slow, Jack Lukeman presents Jack’s Duets with Special Guests, Damien Dempsey, The Clew Bay Pipe Band presents “Pipe-Versity”, Ryan Sheridan, The Riptide Movement, Cry Before Dawn, Hermitage Green, The Silver Seas, Delorentos, Squarehead, Kid Karate, Not Squares, Mojo Gogo, So Cow, Dott, Doghouse, Colin Murphy, Joe Rooney, Phil Jupitus, Barry Murphy and Danny Dowling.