LIGHTWEIGHT, COMPACT WINGAMM ROOKIE 3.5
– A CARAVAN THAT CAN BE TOWED BY ALMOST ANY CAR AND ANYONE
- The Wingamm Rookie 3.5: a stylish, compact, lightweight, 2/3 berth caravan
- Aerodynamic: 100% waterproof, fibreglass monocoque (one piece) body
- Lightweight: 750 kg or 1,000 kg max weight; towable by most cars or driving licence
- Compact: 3.6m body length, 4.46m shipping length
- Layout: kitchen, corner washroom (with toilet and shower) and front dinette
- Price: from £14,425. Specification includes: AL-KO chassis; awning light; 70-litre Dometic fridge; 2 burner hob; window blinds and flyscreens; Thetford cassette toilet
- Options: include: silver metallic paint; wiring for solar panel; air conditioning;
AL-KO AKS 1300 and ATC trailer control; comfort pack; winter pack; awning
- ‘The Wingamm Experience’: rent before you buy, or just have a holiday in style
The Wingamm Rookie 3.5 is a stylish, lightweight and compact caravan with a maximum weight of only 750 kg or 1,000kg, making it one of the lightest caravans available in the UK.
Its size and light weight means most small car owners can now explore the open road with a caravan. It could also be used as extra facilities for a campervan and is also ideal for rental companies as it’s easy to tow – and repair – and shouldn’t need a B+E driving licence.
Its aerodynamic, monocoque (one piece) fibreglass body not only looks good, but keeps the Rookie 3.5 lightweight, plus, without any joins, is leak-free with a 10 year waterproof guarantee. The standard colour is white, but it can also be ordered in any colour.
Despite a compact body length of just 3.6m, the Rookie 3.5 does not compromise on interior space, comfort or style. The front seating area converts to a large double bed with the option of a bunk above it; there’s a generous corner washroom with shower and cassette toilet, while the central kitchen has a sink, two-burner hob and 70-litre Dometic fridge. Every window is fitted with a blind and flyscreen for privacy and to keep bugs at bay.
Like the Wingamm range of motorhomes, the Rookie 3.5 boasts a refreshing and distinctive, Italian-style interior design, with curved, light-coloured furniture and a neutral colour scheme.
There is a choice of upholstery, and if extra room is needed, there’s also a bespoke awning available. Other options include: a choice of two Truma heating and hot water systems; 12v battery; AL-KO AKS 1300 stabiliser, ATC stability control and chassis-mounted bike carrier; Dometic air conditioning; wiring for a solar panel; and a spare wheel.
The one-piece fibreglass body has an extra-smooth look thanks to the external door and lockers all being flush-fitting, without the frames like mainstream caravans, with completely hidden hinges. It is also more resistant to damage than conventional construction methods, and easier to repair.
Wingamm UK also offers ‘The Wingamm Experience’ – the opportunity to hire one before buying one via a rental fleet operated by its sister company, Aston Leisure. Anyone who subsequently orders a Wingamm after hiring one will have their rental cost refunded.
Gavin Campbell, Managing Director of Wingamm UK commented: “We’re delighted to be representing Wingamm in the UK, and have already had a lot of interest in the Rookie 3.5. It is a unique caravan that’s perfect for the increasing need for lighter caravans that can be towed with smaller cars and by younger people who don’t automatically have driving licences with B+E entitlement.”
Wingamm UK is based near Edinburgh and currently the sole importer and distributor for Wingamm motorhomes and caravans in the UK, although hopes to appoint retailers in other parts of the UK in due course.