Pin Pictures from Caravan Salon Dusseldorf by Marcella Connolly
- Knaus L!ve Traveller –Winner of the Golden Motorhome Award in the Alcoves category.
2. Dethleffs’ e.home Coco– the first caravan with its own e-drive. Of particular importance here is the strain relief module of the e.home coco. It controls the two electric drive motors of the axle so that the trailer load at the coupling head of the towing vehicle is reduced to a defined value. This allows even small towing vehicles to tow heavy caravans/trailers whose total mass far exceeds the car’s permitted trailer load. When going downhill the batteries are recharged.
3. Weisberg CaraSuite 700 ME with Fiat Professional Ducato Chassis – Self-described as an oversized hotel room, the CaraSuite 700 ME a semi-integrated caravan with a lifting bed. The four berth camper concentrates on space and the lifting bed is ideal for families that still insist on having space and equipment.
4. VR/46 Ford Terrier Camper “Twinklelights”– So called becauseif you look up in the roof inside, it’s filled with sparkly lights, they can be brightened or dimmed and they can even be made twinkle, so when you’re laying in bed at night, it’s like looking at the stars. This one-off Ford Tourneo Custom has a MS-RT body kit, produced in Wales with the standard conversion by Wellhouse Leisure in Huddersfield, but this one is done in a brushed steel and boasts above standard Valentino Rosso leather and other hi-spec features in honour of the multi-Moto GP champ.
5. Hymermobil B-Class ModernComfort: The integrated and semi-integrated models of the new B-Class ModernComfort are characterised by their extremely light body. This is due partly to the GRP lightweight floor and HYMER’s proven PUAL technology, but most of all to the weight-optimised SLC chassis. Distinguished with the European Innovation Award, the chassis also has a very generous double floor that ensures a level surface throughout the motorhome without affecting either the overall height or headroom of the vehicles.
6. Hymercar Sydney GT Limited – With only 60 of these to be made available, the Sydney Limited Edition can not only be used as a camper, but as a second car. Measuring a compact 4.96 metres in length, this attractive model has room for up to five people thanks to the suspended seat and double bench seat. The pop-top roof is heated and perfectly integrated into the vehicle’s styling and boasts a particularly wide bed measuring 6.6 x 4.9 ft. The removable furniture that is available as an optional extra, make the new special model the perfect urban vehicle.