The ‘Westport Festival of Music and Food’ is delighted to announce over thirty Irish and International musicians, bands and comedians for the third highly anticipated two-day, family-friendly boutique festival which is taking place on Saturday & Sunday, 28 & 29 June at Westport House, one of Ireland’s most beautiful historic homes and parkland estates set amidst a stunning 400 acre site in the heart of Co. Mayo.
The Westport Festival of Music & Food promises a fantastic fun filled music and food extravaganza with over 70 artists and comedians performing across five stages, an amazing food village and quality onsite camping in a truly relaxed and welcoming atmosphere. And the entrance to Westport House is located in the centre of Westport town, which is ideal for festival goers who want to continue to party when the festival finishes each night.
Music acts confirmed so far include Bryan Adams, Sinead O’Connor, Kool & The Gang, The Divine Comedy, The Jim Jones Revue, The Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain, Kila, The Selecter starring Pauline Black & Gaps Hendrickson, Bjorn Again, Tony Joe White, The Bootleg Beatles, The Hot Sprockets, The Kilfenora Ceile Band and Alien Envoy (Nick Kelly of The Fat Lady Sings new project), Additional acts will be announced over the next few months.
THE ROISIN DUBH STAGE
The hugely popular ‘Róisín Dubh’ Stage is back again this year with a supreme selection of incredibly talented up and coming Irish acts including The Cast of Cheers, Lisa O’Neill, Daithi, We Cut Corners, Enemies, Windings, Tvvins, Elaine Mai, Dott, Boyfights, The Depravations, Rudy Trixx, It Was All A Bit Black & White, My Fellow Sponges, Zero Era and Tracy Bruen.
Comedians Ardal O’Hanlon, Terry Alderton, Foil Arms & Hog, Karl Spain, Comedy Club 4 Kids with Howard Read (& Little Howard CBBC) and Tiernan Douieb will be keeping everyone entertained in the Comedy Tent.
The Food & Wine Magazine Village which was one of the highlights of last year’s festival is returning to Westport House in 2014. Hosted by Norah Casey, it will bring together some of Ireland’s finest celebrity and Michelin Star chefs and restaurateurs for a series of culinary demonstrations. More details about the Food Village and chefs will be announced in the coming weeks.
FUN FOR ALL THE FAMILY
The Westport Festival welcomes all ages and of course kids under 12 are allowed in for free accompanied by an adult. Westport House has an amazing award winning Pirate Adventure Park which includes a host of FREE activities for kids and parents too…
· The Pirate Queen Swinging Ship- Not for the faint hearted, the Pirate Queen will test your head for heights – and your stomach!
· Pirate Plunge Log Flume Ride – A Pirate Adventure ark favourite, the Pirates Plunge is a splash-tastic log flume water ride that guarantees to entertain (not to mention splashing the passengers).
· Swan Pedaloe Boats – Families can pedal around the Westport House Lake on eight foot high Swan Pedaloe boats and enjoy views of the House, the Park, Croagh Patrick and Clew Bay. The swans are pedal propelled so it’s a fun way to get a little work out during your weekend at the Westport Festival.
· Westport House Express Train Ride – You can take a short ride through the grounds and watch out for surprises around every corner. Check out the stunning views of the lake, the House, Croagh Patrick and Clew Bay.
· Pirates Playground – Set adjacent to Gracy’s Bar & Cafe, The Pirates Playground offers a slide, climbing frames and rockers to entertain.
· Gracy’s Bouncy Castle – Set in the Pirates Haven, Gracy’s Bouncy Castle provides ideal fun for the younger members of the family. Children will have a ball!
Take a guide Tour of the Pirate Adventure Park here http://www.westporthouse.ie/westport-house-and-pirate-adventure-park/pirate-adventure-park-video/
Westport Festival of Music & Food is situated in the very heart of Westport town which was voted Irish Times best place to live in Ireland. There is a wonderful selection of hotels within 200 yards of the entrance to our festival and amazing guest houses to stay close by. There is also a first class campsite located in Westport House. Check out http://destinationwestport.com for more info on hotels, B&Bs and self-catering accommodation. Local accommodation is also available via www.Airbnb.com
CAMPING, CARAVANS & CAMPERVANS
Westport House has an established campsite with excellent facilities. With hot water in the showers and real toilets, it’ll provide the best festival camping experience you’ll have all year! Set up camp in this gorgeous natural environment surrounded by ancient trees with Croagh Patrick and Clew Bay in the background. It’s a camper’s dream! And you’ll only be a short walk away from all the Festival action and just a 10-minute walk from Westport town. Onsite Facilities include: FREE hot showers, electrics (limited numbers so allocated on a first come-first served basis!), WiFi, recycling, picnic & washing up areas. Onsite bar & café with food open until 11pm. Weekend Festival & Camping Tickets are on sale from the www.westporthouse.ie/shop
Westport Festival of Music & Food tickets are on sale from Ticketmaster
ADULT TICKETS – NON CAMPING
· Day Tickets (Saturday or Sunday) €76 (including booking fee)
· Weekend Tickets €131 (including booking fee)
Children 12 years or younger go free – up to two per paying adult
TEEN – 13 TO 17 YRS OLD – NON CAMPING
· Day Tickets (Saturday or Sunday ) €41 (including booking fee)
· Weekend Tickets €61 (including booking fee)
Teen tickets apply to children 13-16 years – they must be accompanied by a paying adult; ID will be requested at entry point to verify age.
BOX OFFICE DETAILS
Tickets are available from www.ticketmaster.ie and Ticketmaster outlets nationwide
Tel: 24 Hours / 7 days : 0818 719 300 International +353 1 4569569 UK incl. NI 0844 8472455
Phone & Internet bookings are subject to €1.65 service charge per ticket up to €13.10, 12.5% over (Max €6.10), Outlets €2.15 per ticket
· Weekend Festival & Camping Ticket (tents only): €160 per person
· Weekend Festival & Campervan Ticket: €170 per person (a separate ticket must be purchased for each van at €40 per van)
· Teen Festival & Camping Ticket (tents only): €80 per person
· Weekend Teen Festival & Campervan Ticket: €85 per person
· Weekend car parking (for campers/tents): €20 per car
For further information about camping at Westport House, please email
firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Westport House Camp Site on 098 27766.