Fiat Professional launches new Ducato Model Year 2020
- The Ducato model year 2020 makes its debut at the UK’s biggest leisure vehicle show at the NEC in Birmingham
- New Euro 6D-TEMP engines and nine-speed automatic transmission make the Fiat Professional Ducato an ideal travel partner
- Further expansion of electronic driving assistance systems now available
Fiat Professional displayed the new Ducato model year 2020 for the first time at the Motorhome and Caravan Show in Birmingham. With numerous innovations, Ducato consolidates its position as the market leader in motorhome base vehicles.
One of the key innovations of Ducato model year 2020 is the new 9-speed automatic transmission, which provides a relaxed and comfortable driving experience and optimised efficiency, whilst actually improving performance. Another key strength to Ducato is the new range of engines, consisting of four performance levels of a 2.3-litre turbo diesel, all of which comply with the Euro 6d TEMP emission standard. All variants feature the MultiJet2 direct injection diesel engine, which further improves the engine’s efficiency, making long journeys even more comfortable.
The new automatic transmission “9-Speed”
The new 9-speed automatic transmission offers a relaxed and enjoyable driving experience, optimising consumption levels and actually improving performance. It is best-in-class in terms of weight in its sector, and it allows for optimum use of driving torque that reaches a record of 450Nm on the 180hp version of the 2.3-litre MultiJet engine.
The Fiat Professional technicians developed the Ducato MY20 with the 9-Speed automatic transmission so that every customer would be able to benefit from the optimised performance and consumption levels, no matter the specific task and route. Drivers can choose between three different driving modes: Normal, Eco and Power. The Eco mode provides a smoother acceleration response and a dedicated gear shift pattern to allow for a greater reduction in consumption levels. Switching to Power mode, this delivers a prompt throttle response and gear changes for optimal performance even in tough conditions. The Normal mode balances the economy of Eco mode with the performance of Power mode to provide optimum driving conditions for every situation.
There are two operating modes, Drive and Autostick. In Drive the control module automatically selects and shifts into gear according to the various driving conditions: speed, load, gradient. In Autostick the driver can manage the gear shifts, so that in challenging conditions, such as on steep slopes, they can retain a lower gear to increase performance levels and avoid overheating.
Drive assist and infotainment
The Ducato MY20 is the best ever Ducato in every way: technology, safety, ADAS, connectivity and engine line-up. The new range boasts the most sophisticated drive assist systems which allow drivers to have complete control. The following optional driver aids are now available:
- Blind spot assist (BSA), uses radar sensors installed in the rear bumper to identify approaching vehicles in blind spots.
- The Rear Cross Path detection (RCP) uses radar sensors to identify vehicles approaching from the side, when the vehicle is reversing.
- Full brake control (FBC) identifies obstacles and, after checking whether there is imminent danger of collision, alerts the driver and intervenes by automatically triggering emergency braking.
In addition, opt for the devices below to improve and assist your driving experience:
- Lane departure warning system (LDWS), determines whether the vehicle is leaving the lane, even in poor visibility conditions, and in the event of danger an acoustic and visual signal alerts the driver.
- Traffic sign recognition uses the on-board camera to recognise speed limits, displaying them on the instrument cluster.
- High beam recognition manages the main beam headlights, increasing visibility and reducing the risk of dazzling when driving at night, automatically recognising vehicles travelling in the opposite direction.
- Rain and dusk sensor activates the windscreen wipers and adjusts their speed according to the intensity of rain. The dusk sensor automatically activates the low-beam headlights when required.
- Tyre pressure monitoring system (TPMS) monitors the pressure of the tyres constantly, indicating any loss in pressure directly on the on-board display.
All safety features available as an optional safety pack. For full price details, please see price list.
Fiat Professional Ducato, “Leader in Freedom”
Leader in Freedom means that Fiat Professional offers products and services that give the customer maximum freedom and flexibility. At the Motorhome and Caravan show, visitors can learn about the range of services that make life on board a Ducato motorhome even more enjoyable.
The ability to listen to customers – which starts with Customer Care and continues in Fiat Professional’s workshops – means being able to respond efficiently to current needs and plan ahead for those of the future. Therefore the service concept doesn’t stop with product assistance but includes caring for customers on holiday by being on hand at all times. Twenty multilingual Fiat Professional Brand Ambassadors are ready to take calls on the Motorhome toll-free number in 44 European countries, in customers’ own languages, 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.